Kelly Matthews Plans: 7 Marathons – 7 Days
RECAP- Kelly had a successful End2End becoming the fastest person to transverse the entire Oak Ridges Moraine Trail. This fundraiser is now closed but you can always submit future donations by clicking on the "DONATE" link at the bottom of the page.
Please view Kelly's interview from Oct 2016 with Rogers TV Here: http://rogerstv.com/media?lid=237&rid=70&gid=271127
CONGRATULATIONS KELLY !
Read Kelly's synopsis of her amazing event in the Winter 2017 Trail Talk page 6 & 7.
"It’s over! I can’t believe after all the fundraising, planning, training, etc. the #ORMT300 is now a not-so-distant memory! I can’t thank all of you enough for the tweets, retweets, texts, emails, calls, etc. I tried my best to keep up with them all. Without a doubt, that was the toughest thing I have ever done both physically and mentally. I could not have done it without the overwhelming support from key people at the ORTA!..."
This is a joint 50/50 fundraiser for ORTA and Seneca College. Kelly plans to hike a marathon a day on our trail, west to east,
August 28 – September 3, 2016
August 28 – September 3, 2016
ORTA members will be asked to help with logistics like, taking her a fresh cup of coffee along route, or food or dry socks or just company. Brian Kevin and I will be helping with a list of emergency contacts and advice if lost etc.
I’m a mere 25 days away from the big trek and I need your help to raise the last $414. If you have not yet made a donation to date and you’re planning on it – now is literally the time! Every penny counts and every penny WILL make a difference! If you’re able to share this with your friends/family that may want to support The Oak Ridge’s Trail Association and/or the Seneca College King Expansion, that would be much appreciated! We’re soooo close! I promise I won’t increase the fundraising target again after this (lol) – I still can’t believe that together we have already done so much!!! Thank you to everyone for your support, funny emails, offers to train with me, bring coffee on route, etc. It feels like a LOT of people are going on this solo hike and that’s a great feeling!
Original Goal: $5,000
Funds Raised: $6,586 (132% of original goal)
Revised Goal: $7,000
# of Donors: 80
Days to go: 25
· The last day of summer camp for me is Friday August 26… I plan to rest on the 27, finish packing and then head out on this journey first thing (6:30am) on Sunday August 28… I can’t believe it’s almost here!
· If you haven’t watched it yet – this is the link to a Flipagram Video I put together with scenes from my training hikes over the past 6 months… flipagram.com/f/lT8ABmC7TH I think it’s fun and it gives you a sense of some of the amazing trails managed by ORTA volunteers!
· I’ve bought some new camp gear for the hike which is always fun… I went to an outlet called Mountain Warehouse, a UK based company and the stuff looked great… I was, however, a little nervous afterword’s when I went to their twitter page and every other tweet started with “I’m sorry to hear that, please call our customer service hotline”… but I have faith… anyway – the colours are great! I bought a new 65L backpack, a summer sleeping-bag an inflatable mattress pad, a SPORK and a few odds and ends – just a couple more things and I’m set…
· As I mentioned before, I will be updating everyone (that’s interested) each day/night from the trail over the 7 days through my Twitter and Instagram accounts and potentially “Snap Chat” (assuming I have wi-fi). So if you’re not following @allthingsregalon Twitter and/or Instagram yet, please do. I will also be filming with a Go-Pro and taking photographs to share along the way as well as when the hike is done.
· Disclaimer – I will not be censoring my updates… none of that “this is so great, I’m really growing as a person malarkey”… if it hurts and it sucks and it’s wet and I’m lost and I’m being hunted down by coyotes and I’m sick of oatmeal and I want to go home, you’re going to hear about it… it will be entertaining if nothing else! But seriously, I’m sure it will be great J
For more information about the #ORMT300 or to make a donationplease visit my Fundraising Page: www.canadahelps.org/en/pages/ormt-300. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! If you no longer wish to receive these updates, please let me know.
#ORMT300: 7 Marathons – 7 Days (August 28 – September 3, 2016)
“There’s no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing”
You can find me: